Sunday, August 17, 2014

5 down 175 to Go!

Believe me when I say that I am not counting down the days out of a desire to get the year over! I am counting the days with the feeling of "This is already day five!"  Here a couple of reflections I have as we have finished week one.

  • I can only control me. 
  • And,  ... Maybe one point is enough.

By changing things that I do and say, other people will change in response. So, I shouldn't try to change other people. I have enough to do working on myself.  We are all in this together and the synergy of the whole group is perfect. We were created unique and rather than deny that we should embrace it. Everyone brings something useful to a group if we are looking for it.  Even when something "negative" occurs, my faith tells me that God will make something better from it.   I want to always stay aware that.

Next, let me say thanks to those of you who have given me encouragement either privately or in class. It means more to me than you know!

Everyone in the music department, the music boosters, the school, and the community is affected by what we do. I want to always stay mindful of ripples. This past summer I spent a few, too few, days on a lake visiting friends from Kokomo including my eldest son, David, who I haven't seen a lot this past year. All three of my kids have a ripple effect on my life much like the splash that occurs in a pool when someone does a cannonball or when a ski boat pulls a tube across it's wake.  You either crash or ride it to a thrilling conclusion.  Either way it is an adventure.  I have 3 kids that God has blessed me and my awesome wife, Peggy with. But I also have many other kids that I am blessed with through school like Helke from Germany. Helke was an exchange student a couple of years ago. She has come back for a visit. She is a ripple from across the globe! You, my students, are my future ripples. How far will you stretch?  Will it be a crash or a thrilling adventure?
posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment

HS Choir at Street Fair 2017

HS Choir at Street Fair 2017