Wednesday, July 9, 2014

I Love a Good Hug!

      What is your favorite means of communication. Personally, I like the hug. A hug says, "I love you and value you as a person!" Hanging out and talking or playing Euchre is fun too. But what I am talking about is the challenge we all face when it comes to really having information "received" by those we are trying to communicate with!
In this day and age with all the distractions we are faced with getting in the way, it is both easier and harder than ever to communicate. We have so many more means to send a message than at anytime in history.  Yet, I believe communication is as poor as ever.
     As a teacher, repetition is one possible goal. I hope to write clearly and concisely and then use as many means as possible to get the message in front of people. Blog the message. Next, Post to Facebook, Tweet it on Twitter, Pin it on Pinterest, Check it in on Foursquare or Yelp!,+1 it on Google+ and Post it on Instagram.  Of course there is texting and the good "old-fashioned" phone call.  Then if we do get the message delivered, is it understood the way we meant it? That is the ultimate question.  I suppose when we are misunderstood the best way to communicate, "I'm sorry," is with a big hug!
posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment

HS Choir at Street Fair 2017

HS Choir at Street Fair 2017