Friday, October 4, 2013

This made me chuckle...

My musician friend Ralph Tuttle posted this on his facebook wall and it made me laugh.  I also thought it fit the time well as we grow our repertoire for the many athletic events that we will be playing, so I thought that I would share it with you...


Now, as I reflect on this past week, a few things come to mind...

The piano class continues to work hard on improving their skills on the piano and finding new resources and pieces to play online.  Continue to stay focused as we head into the recital next Tuesday during class.  I will be publishing the recital schedule for the second nine weeks soon, so you can plan your work.  Pace yourselves to have pieces prepared by the time the recital date arrives.  Have easier pieces and harder pieces that you are working on for variety as well as continuing to work through skills taught in the binders.

Junior High Band needs to continue to work on good rehearsal practices and self discipline.  Use the time at the beginning of class upon your arrival to be productive by getting your instrument ready to play and practicing at a reasonable volume level, so as not to annoy others... especially if you are a drummer.  Be sure to check out ClassDojo.com and customize your avatar!  If you didn't get login information from me on Friday, then email me and I can get it to you.

High School Band is improving in your rehearsal practices during class.  Your repertoire is growing at a nice pace, so we should be ready for basketball season when that gets here.  There is a lot of time to fill with tunes, so we need to keep diligent in growing the selections that we can choose from. Continue to encourage one another and remember to prioritize your calendar so that we can represent ourselves well at athletic events!  I would like to do some playing between plays of the 2nd quarter for our last home football game.  We will work out some of these details next week during class.



No comments:

Post a Comment

HS Choir at Street Fair 2017

HS Choir at Street Fair 2017